Finding a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) Near You
A partial hospitalization program (PHP) is a type of substance abuse treatment program that provides comprehensive treatment to clients on an outpatient basis. While clients don’t live at the treatment facility, they have the option of living in a supervised environment. During PHP, you have the daily structure and support of an inpatient facility, but you also have the freedom and flexibility to make certain daily choices.
If you have decided that this level of care is right for you, our team at Carolina Center for Recovery is available to help you find a partial hospitalization program (PHP) near you.
Benefits of Attending a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) Near You
A partial hospitalization program (PHP) gives you the ability to have more family visits, meet with your sponsor, and create an aftercare plan that suits your needs and lifestyle. If you go to rehab far away, you could miss out on meaningful family visits, the chance to do family therapy, and the opportunity to meet a sponsor in your area that you can work with after rehab.
When you attend a PHP near you, you are close enough to home to see your family regularly and start going to meetings in your area. This way, you can keep the support you have, find new support, and get acclimated to your local recovery community before leaving rehab.
Other benefits of a partial hospitalization program in North Carolina include:
- Structure and support – PHPs provide a structured and supportive environment for individuals who may not require the intensity of inpatient care but still need a substantial amount of support and supervision.
- Flexibility – PHP is a flexible treatment option that allows you to attend treatment during the day and return home in the evenings, allowing you to maintain some of your important family, school, and work-related commitments.
- Comprehensive, individualized treatment – PHP rehab offers personalized treatment plans that can be tailored to your unique needs and goals, including a variety of mental health concerns.
- Sober support – PHP provides plenty of opportunities for you to connect with others who are going through similar experiences, offering a sense of community and peer support. It can also be motivating to watch others recover.
- Smooth transition out of inpatient treatment – Partial hospitalization programs in North Carolina can serve as a transitional step for you after leaving inpatient care to provide you with continued support as you adjust to life in sobriety. It is helpful to attend a PHP near you so you can re-immerse yourself in your community while receiving continued support.
How to Find the Right Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) Near You
Your recovery is your life, so you want to choose the right PHP for you. When looking for a PHP in your area, consider the following factors:
- Location – Look for a PHP that is close to your home or work, so you don’t have to travel too far to attend treatment sessions and can still visit your family or workplace when you need to.
- Check for accreditation – It’s important to choose a PHP that is accredited by a recognized organization, such as The Joint Commission or the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Accreditation ensures that the program meets high-quality standards.
- Research the treatment approaches used – Different PHPs near you may use different treatment approaches, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy or medication-assisted treatment (MAT). Look for a program that uses a treatment approach that aligns with your needs and preferences. If you’re not sure which approach is best for you, consult with a trusted addiction specialist for an assessment and get their professional recommendation.
- Look for specialized programs based on your needs – If you have a specific co-occurring condition, such as addiction or eating disorders, look for a PHP near you that specializes in treating that condition so all of your needs can be met.
- Consider the schedule and duration – Check the program’s schedule and duration to ensure it fits your needs and availability.
- Read reviews and ask for referrals – Look for online reviews or ask your healthcare provider or friends for referrals to find a local partial hospitalization program with an outstanding reputation.
- Visit the facility – Visit the PHP to get a feel for the environment, meet the staff, and learn more about the program. Figure out how long it will take you to travel to and from therapy sessions to see if the program will fit into your schedule.
Finally, be sure to verify your insurance coverage with your insurance provider and the PHP of your choosing. Partial hospitalization programs in North Carolina can be paid for using insurance so long as your provider is in-network with the rehab you choose.
Get Connected With a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) in North Carolina
At Carolina Center for Recovery, the goal of our PHP in North Carolina is to help you begin integrating healthy activities and choices into your everyday life. With intensive, structured days, but freedom in the evening and on the weekends, you will have the opportunity to begin developing your own healthy routine that can support lifelong recovery.
If you or a loved one are struggling with alcoholism or addiction, our team of qualified addiction specialists is here to help. Our admissions counselors are available 24 hours a day to verify your insurance, learn about your situation, and get you enrolled in the right partial hospitalization program near you. Please call now to get started.
Medically Reviewed: July 29, 2023
All of the information on this page has been reviewed and verified by a certified addiction professional.